Wednesday 17 October 2012

I have been very buys with the craft fair and various other projects I have going on this weekend! I was really happy to be part of the Heswall Arts Festival and my prints are still up for sale for the next two weeks in Heswall Dental Practice so have a look around if you get a chance!

Bit of development with the linos, I decided to start including maps in my designs to emphasise this idea of mysteries of the ocean and exploration...



 I have also been working on many screen-prints within the studio and the print room... Most of the prints have come from hand-drawings and been transformed through textured papers and inks...


These are so I can experiment with colour and scale and composition. I am beginning to work into a more illustrative way and I like the subtlety of the prints.  I am making quick progress with the prints and thinking of scaling up to make them bigger and better and to again emphasise the idea of being awe-inspiring and the size of the ocean.


All the prints are available to buy on my Folksy page, or get in touch with me about any of the work or ideas!

Folksy.com/shops/EmilyKateAtherton

emilyatherton1@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment