Thursday 3 January 2013

Happy New Year!

Hello and happy new year... I thought I would sum up some of my lastest designs from last year and the previous project! I hope to develop these throughout my final year by looking into further detail and finding more narrative in my designs.

I have tested these designs in many different colours, styles and backgrounds to explore many ways of application and narrative.


This hand-drawing has been inspired by the maritime stories and shapes have been taken from studying the antique maps that are highly decorative and have lavish borders that I can translate into colour.



These screen-prints have been derived from hand-drawings and applied to watercolour paper to create new colours and textures on the surface. 


I have studied many aspects of the maritime theme and looked at a more grandeur way of translating my ideas. This ship will be screen-printed using 5 colours and explored on both paper and fabric surfaces.




This final design explored my previous ideas of repeating the waves but I arranged them and applied them onto fabric to see the variation and transition from paper to fabric. I also wanted to see in what way I could apply this design onto certain products.











No comments:

Post a Comment